Decskill is 100% Portuguese technological company, founded in 2014, and we currently have more than 200 employees. Decskill operates in both national and international markets, with offices in Lisbon, Oporto and A Coruña, capable to provide services to any location in the national territory.
How can Decskill be an accelerator to your career?
We currently operate in 3 major areas: outsourcing by DECSKILL; augmented reality and computer vision products and solutions, by PROSKILL; and Agile training and coaching, by GETSKILL.
The success of Decskill is built from the inside out, with talented employees and constant evolution, with innovative aspirations and a commitment to make a difference.
We are looking for a Ansible Automation Expert
based in Valencia, Spain.
- Review current Ansible and AWX (Ansible Tower) platform and propose improvements
- Setup best practices for development and documentation for automation projects
- Design inventories for different systems and use cases based on experience and implement through an inventory file or a plugin
- Design and develop playbooks for automating end-to-end processes
- Design and develop new modules if required
- Define development best practices for automation with Ansible
- Automate Storage tasks in Ansible to:
- Manage the lifecycle of luns (SAN)
- Manage the lifecycle of share (NAS)
- Automate Network related tasks in Ansible such as:
- VLAN provisioning and configuration
- Firewall rules configuration
- Switch configuration
- Load balancer configuration
- Automate Application and Database tasks in Ansible such as:
- Stopping and starting
- Automate OS/Server (Linux and Windows) tasks in Ansible such as:
- Working with Ansible Vault to encrypt sensitive data
- Manage Credentials in Ansible AWX
- Best practices for setting up hosts or other systems for Ansible automation
- Integrate with ticketing systems (Remedy ITSM)
- Perform other duties as required
- At least 5 years of experience in automation and development and at least 3 years automating tasks with Ansible
- Automate tasks for one or more of the following areas:
- Application and database deployments and provisioning
- Linux OS tasks
- Windows OS tasks
- Network tasks
- Infrastructure tasks
- Enabling/configuring hosts and systems for automation with Ansible
- Configuring CI/CD pipelines for Automated testing of playbooks, modules and plugins
- Error handling of automated tasks
- Setting up an Ansible platform with AWX/Ansible Tower and integrate with a full CI/CD pipeline
- Integrating AWX/Ansible tower with an LDAP system
- Securing the Ansible platform and the execution of the playbooks on the targets
- Automating tasks in one or more of these systems:
- Cisco IOS
- BigIP/F5 equipment
- 3Par storage
- Compellent storage
- Checkpoint firewall
- HP servers
- Automating server provisioning
- Automating tasks on databases and/or applications
- Web Applications: Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, etc.
- Databases: MySQL, Postgres, MariaDB, MongoDB
- Oracle software: Database and Applications
- Training and/or coaching administrators on best practices for development and automation
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge in software development best practices
- Extensive knowledge of automating tasks with Ansible
- Extensive knowledge in different Ansible modules
- Extensive knowledge of python, yaml and jinja development
- Good understanding of Ansible AWX/Ansible Tower
- Knowledge in CI/CD best practices for fully automated integration, deployment and testing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Desirable: Knowledge in other automation tools (Puppet, Terraform, Chef, etc.)
- Communicating in a credible and effective way: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
- Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
- Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
- Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
If you’re interested in this job please send your CV in English. Thank you!