How can IT accelerate your career? This is the question that drives us.
Firstly, because we recruit the best professionals and that's why we want you on our team. The success of Decskill is built from the inside out, with talented employees and constant evolution, with innovative aspirations and a commitment to make a difference.
The DNA of our team is: Dedication, Exigency, Commitment, Solutions, Know-how, innovation, longevity and loyalty.
Decskill, a company of DECSIS group, operates in both national and international markets, with offices in Lisbon, Oporto, Évora and Coruña.
We provide specialized services in the following areas: Competence Centre, Outsourcing, Managed Services & Data Centre.
We are searching for a Technician, to work in a datacenter environment, located in Valencia, Spain.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Minimum 3 years of hands on experience in a similar position
- Sound knowledge of structured cabling and techniques including racking and mounting of network equipment (routers, switches, servers, appliances)
- Good knowledge of rack accessories i.e. PDU or CMC and associated management software such as DCIM
- Good knowledge of HP ProLiant servers, enclosures and HP Servers management tools and practices
- Good knowledge of Data Centre operations, Local Area Network and network management tools and practices
- Good knowledge of DC Cabling international standards, (ANSI/TIA, EIA, BICSI)
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a multicultural team environment
- Experience in drafting technical documents
- Exposure in Information Security Management System (ISMS: ISO 27001), ITIL and ISO 20000 framework and other industry standard related best practices
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in English
- Responsible for the cabling and physical installation and support of Infrastructure inside the Data Centre
- Responsible for final testing and deployment of physical Data Centre devices and DC ancillaries (Racks, PDUs, patch panels, structured cabling) as well as all related technical documentation.
- Responsible of the Data Centre operations at Tier 1 and handles request fulfilment, incident resolution as well participate in the problem resolution, preventive maintenance related to Datacentre cabling and facility environment
- Participation in the out-of-hours duty roster and Stand-by services, as required
If you’re interested in this job, please send your CV in English.