How can IT accelerate your career? This is the question that drives us.
Firstly, because we recruit the best professionals and that's why we want you on our team. The success of Decskill is built from the inside out, with talented employees and constant evolution, with innovative aspirations and a commitment to make a difference.
The DNA of our team is: Dedication, Exigency, Commitment, Solutions, Know-how, innovation, longevity and loyalty.
Decskill, a company of DECSIS group, operates in both national and international markets, with offices in Lisbon, Oporto, Évora and Coruña.
We provide specialized services in the following areas: Competence Centre, Outsourcing, Managed Services & Data Centre.
We are searching for a Backup Administrator, to work in Valencia, Spain.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Extensive knowledge in the installation and administration of Enterprise Backup systems, preferably EMC Avamar, EMC DataDomain and EMC ECS
- Expert experience in shell scripting (PowerShell, Perl, bash, or others)
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix administration
- Knowledge of VMware and virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of Windows and Windows Clusters administration
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN as well as Internet technologies and protocols.
- Knowledge of Storage Area Networks, Automated Tape Libraries and Tape/Disk Management products.
- Experience with large scale environments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in English
- Participate in the daily operations
- Administer the Enterprise Backup infrastructure
- Manage the backup clients, schedules and retentions
- Provide technical support to the users, troubleshoot technical problems and document solutions
- Develop/update tools and scripts to improve and automate the administration of the Enterprise Backup and monitoring
- Administer Enterprise Backup Service chargeback system
- Develop and update procedures and documentation
- The scope of work includes “stand-by” services on a rotation basis during weekends, holidays and outside of normal working hours
If you’re interested in this job, please send your CV in English.